RCM Process Overview
Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) was originally developed for the airline industry and was quickly adopted by the military.
The process looks at failures of every component of a process, and develops a complete maintenance strategy. The strategy covers failures in the following areas:
- Failures that cause the process to stop
- Failures that cause the process to reduce rate
- Failures that create quality issues
- Failures that create Environmental, Health, or Safety issues
Once the individual failures are determined some basic questions are asked for each of the component failures:
- Can the failure be predicted with a Predictive Technology (PdM)?
- Can the failure be prevented with Preventive Maintenance task (PM)?
- Can the failure be eliminated with a Redesign?
- Or is it feasible to Run to Failure?
The airline, military, and nuclear industry have very few failures, and their equipment is very reliable. The same results can be achieved in any plant operation by performing the RCM process.
The RCM process has been very expensive in the past to perform because companies are charging expensive training course and ridiculous licensing fees to obtain the software. Reliable Process Solutions, LLC has developed an inexpensive software and offers training that now makes it affordable and more efficient product on the market.
The software package is 75% cheaper than any version offered today. The training is 50% less expensive than any offered today. This lets small to medium size companies obtain and use the process to improve their uptime, quality, and lower costs.
The software can be purchased and used with some basic webinar or on-site training. The basic training course is a 2-3 day course which teaches the plant how to use the database and how to select the components for analysis. A sample RCM process is completed during the training course.
This package was created for small to medium size companies to be able to afford the RCM process. We have tested the process in very large operations, and the smallest of plants. It can be used effectively with excellent results by anyone.
RCM Database Software
The RCM Report View is written in Microsoft Access. The software follows all the JA 1011 standards developed by the automotive industry for RCM process procedures. That is the only standard ever developed for RCM and is the accepted procedure in industry.
The software contains the ability to select and record all equipment and component information, select functional failures, select specific component failure modes, and report tasks to predict, prevent, and eliminate failures.
Two software packages are available. The Basic Package will produce 6-8 reports the Advanced Package will produce up 18 reports.
(18) Individual reports are generated as the analysis is performed. There is no need to sort and write any reports when the analysis is completed. The reports are as good and all inclusive as the data you enter and define.
The advantages of this software package over other versions on the market today are:
- Speed of the training process.
- Time saved in the RCM analysis process.
- Ability to automatically generate reports from 18 areas of the analysis.
- Ease of implementation with the additional report information.
Purchase Online at our Store:
Basic 6-8 Report Database Software:
Click here to purchase:
Advanced 18 Report Database Software:
Click here to purchase: